The following article refers to a person, place or institution that exists outside the fictional context of the Whateley universe. This article concentrates on aspects unique to the Whateley Universe. For a more general reference on their non-fictional aspects, try their Wikipedia page at Berlin, New Hampshire
Berlin, New Hampshire, is the closest medium sized town to Whateley Academy, being about 15 miles south on state highway 16.  Like Dunwich, Berlin is used to a certain amount of weirdness, though probably not quite to the same degree. Berlin's economy is still largely based on forestry, but the local chamber of commerce attempts to put it on a wider footing.
Berlin Senior High, Home of the Mountaineers, has a one-sided rivalry with Whateley Academy. The school colors are red and black. They have a hockey team.
"They generally know enough to leave the hot heads and seniors alone, but they’ve been known to stir things up with some of the underclassmen. Especially if they think you’re not especially…gifted…shall we say?" —Bridget Johnson
Berlin Train StationEdit
Berlin has a train station the size of a decent depot that is one of the stops of the Grand Miskatonic Shuttle. The Grand Miskatonic Shuttle also stops in Dunwich, but apparently the earliest trains in the morning to Boston start in Berlin.
Berlin has a small commercial airport with at least one major airline - United Airlines - having a dedicated area and multiple flights a day arriving from Chicago alone, and American Airlines apparently also offering flights from Dallas. While the airport lacks a private first class area it does have both a Starbucks and a private lounge.
- The MCO has offices in downtown Berlin.
- Louis Geintz maintains a small office just outside Berlin for consultation with police and international intelligence agencies.
- Main article: Bio-Regenetics
Bio-Regenetics is located in a newly constructed complex within Berlin’s industrial district that from the outside appears to be an unassuming office complex. Construction started on December 1 and had progressed far enough by December 9 that some parts including at least one examination room were already operational.
St. Barnabas Episcopal ChurchEdit
- Some excellent Chinese restaurants.
- At least one steak house,
- Branches of all major fast food chains including Chuck E Cheese.
- American Multi-Cinema recently opened a 20 screen multiplex by the riverfront.
- The local junk yard is called Mike’s Auto-Salvage and Pull-A-Part.
- There is an at least somewhat satisfactory waxing studio.
- Berlin does not have a Walmart, but there is one in nearby Gorham.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 The Play's The Thing
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Jade 8 - Exams
- ↑ Even Murphy's Law Has Loopholes, Part 5
- ↑ Ayla and the Tests: Chapter 4 - The Capture of Cerberus
- ↑ Ayla and the Grinch (A Christmas Story)
- ↑ To Be Merry and Escape From It All - Part 7
- ↑ Ayla and the Great Shoulder Angel Conspiracy: Chapter 6 - Erelim
- ↑ 8.0 8.1 8.2 8.3 Jade 6 - Dreams and Awakenings
- ↑ A Cold Plate of Vengeance
- ↑ Ayla and the Birthday Brawl: Chapter 2 - The Legend of Sir Guyon
- ↑ Even Murphy's Law has Loopholes - Chapter Five