Imp 6: A Very Imp-ortant Date, is the eighth story in both timeline and publication sequence about the Imp and her friends and enemies by Morpheus. It was released on 2017-01 and complete on 2017-09-05. It runs from 2007-10-18 to 2007-11-06. It follows Imp 5: Head over Tail and precedes Imp 7: Imp-ervious to Reason.
At Whateley Academy
Candace Kade is at an art gallery that is showing some of her work, when her intentionally long-lost brother, Danial Kade, shows up. She bails out.
While drinking at Superbad, Imp has a conversation with Sunder, who tells her that a couple of people have been asking about her. Pretty persistently. She sighs and decides she really ought to see what her brother wants.
Imp tracks down her brother and has a brief talk in a restaurant. He says he needs a supervillain. She says she’ll talk to him later. Or not.
Imp talks to her brother and finds out what the problem is. She promises to look into resolving it.
Imp has a few drinks in the Black Mask. She’s warned by Muscle that a couple of people have been asking after her, including Crash Test Dummy. She leaves, and is attacked by a new group calling themselves the Imp Revenge Squad (IRS). It includes the Crimson Kid, Jack Rabbit, someone who claims to be Hexagon’s successor and someone calling herself Heaven who she has never seen. She sustains serious injuries in the fight, and hides out in Ryan’s apartment.
Back at Whateley, Imp leans into her teaching schedule while her tail regenerates. She gets a note to see Security about the incident.
Imp is back in form, and has her classes arrange demonstration projects for their parents the next day.
Parent’s day. Someone tries to exorcise the Imp. Imp shows Ryan Chambers her second classroom and has a discussion about why lockpicking, etc. is good to know for mutants. Especially since it’s taught in the Survival course.
Imp is reconoitering the Sunrise Gallery when she’s interrupted by the Asterisk. They have a fun snarking contest, and then she gives him a “Get out of Jail Free” card with a phone number on the back.
Imp makes a deal with Richard Dunn, the person who has been using the Moonrise Gallery for money laundering. She gets his interest in the gallery, and he gets cash.
Imp pays a visit to the graveyard where her parents are buried. Danny arrives, and they discuss old family business.
Imp is enjoying a late afternoon snack in the Brown Moose Café when the headmistress drops a special project in her lap. Aegis seems to approach every situation as a problem to be tackled with brute strength and awkwardness, regardless of whether it’s actually a problem or whether he can deal with it.
Aegis is given a problem to solve in Arena 91. He’s facing the Imp, and he does as expected: that is, miserably. Imp reads him the riot act about “heroes,” and then gives him some homework and tells him to see her next Thursday after classes.
Imp takes the plane to New York and hooks up with Ryan. They go to Superbad to talk to Bob Zabrowski, but he isn’t in. He’s left a note with the bartender, though. It has an address. The address turns out to be where the Imp Revenge Squad set up their stakeout close to the Black Mask. She makes some phone calls to set things up.
Imp has a final meeting with Daniel Kade. He gives her several posters that she had before she manifested and had to leave home in a hurry.
Heaven and the rest of the Imp Revenge Squad are licking their wounds when Jack Rabbit, now calling himself Jackalope, says that one of his old associates, Sureshock says they can find the Imp at Whateley Academy.
- Imp (Retired art thief and forger, currently art teacher. Also known as Candace Kade)
- Tabby Cat (Tabitha Turner, Member of the STAR League Hero team in Providence, RI)
- Daniel Kade (Imp’s brother.)
- Sunder (Render’s father)
- Superhawk “Chickenhawk” (Ryan Chambers, hero and in love with Imp.)
- Imp Revenge Squad. Out to do the Imp in
- Mischief Melissa Chambers - art student
- Headrush Alicia - art student
- Monkeywrench art student
- Razorback Jack Carlyle. Art student in 4th period Art 2. Imp appreciates his sense of humor
- Fubar head of Psychic arts program. His projection pops up anywhere.]
- Sureshock Hero who has a grudge against the Imp.
- Elizabeth Carson Mrs. Carson, Headmistress of Whateley Academy. Lady Astarte.
- Falcon Robert Turner. Member of STAR League
- Asterisk Hero in Buffalo. Interested in Moonrise Gallery. Has weird sense of humor
- Richard Dunn - has been using the Moonrise gallery for money laundering.
- Aegis A hero wannabe who seems to see every situation as a rock, and himself as a hammer.