Mischief (Melissa Chambers, born July 26, 1993) is a young New York mutant. She is Imp's biggest fan, and President of the Imp Fan Club. And she starts attending Whateley Academy as of Fall 2007, as a Whitman Cottage resident. At some point, she rooms in room 215, and marks its windowsill.
She "frames" Imp for a "robbery." (She broke into an art gallery, moved several paintings into an office, and painted the Imp Sign on the wall.)
She has confessed to her father that she is a Mutant, and has received her MID. After getting Imp's autograph, she convinces Imp to help her train to become a supervillain, Imp agreed to keep her out of trouble.
She figured out Imp's secret ID, when she realized that Imp had paintings that Candice Kade is just now showing for the first time.
She has long blonde hair and a cute face. When she first met Imp, she was thirteen, and wore a cheap Halloween costume set of devil's horns and tail while out tagging the Imp Sign or looking for Imp. She stopped wearing the horns and tail after Imp autographed the horns, for fear of losing them.
For her fourteenth birthday, she got from her aunt Brandywine a red "leather" jacket with plenty of pockets to carry her equipment. The jacket is actually made of specially treated kevra, and the liner contains a thin layer of impact gel, which provides some protection and insulation.
- “They said I’m connected to some other dimension,” Melissa proudly explained to me, “and that all my powers are just because I’m going into that dimension different ways… If I go in one way, my body goes there but my looks stay here…and since I’m not really here, I can walk through walls. But I go in the opposite way…my body stays here but my looks go there…so no one can see me.” She suddenly turned invisible, though only for a few seconds before she popped back in front of me. “And if I go in all the way…” She suddenly vanished and reappeared halfway across the roof.
Teleportation Range limit: ~30 yards.
- “I can only stay invisible for like…maybe a minute too,” Melissa admitted, seeming to deflate even more. “And I can’t stay intangible for very long either, because I can’t breathe when I’m like that and have to hold my breath the whole time…”
- Ryan Chambers - Father
- Brandy Chambers - Aunt
- Imp - instructor, mentor, and father's girlfriend
- Imp Fan Club
- Whitman Cottage
- Trixie - fellow connoisseur of pranks
- Team Shenanigans - training team