The Mutant Commission Office is a non-governmental international organization which has police powers specifically granted by charter in different countries. Some countries, e.g. Karedonia, do not allow the MCO to operate at all.
Approximately a quarter of the MCO's budget is contributed by the Goodkind family.
- Main article: History of the Mutant Commission Office
The MCO was founded in 1964, in part as a reaction to the activities of various mutant supremacy groups, and was originally envisioned as focusing on scientific research and liaison functions similar to those of Interpol. It grew into a more active role over the 70s and gained considerable powers following events of the 90s such as the Fools Fight.
- Main article: MID
The MCO issues Mutant Identification Cards, which function as travel documents in place of passports and are by international law required for mutants crossing borders. Beyond biometric data they include details of the mutant's power and are color coded for the holders legal status.
- Director Piet von der Geest
- Deputy Director Kenneth Loman
- Director of Operations in the US Lionel Cranfield
- Director of Internal Affairs Division Miles Wylann
Current Activities (U.S.)
The MCO has an extremely mixed reputation. It's regarded as protecting against the "mutant threat" by a very large number of people. However, it's also got the reputation of having "disappeared" a large number of young mutants, such as Sandra Kwan.
Current Activities (Gen1 India)
- “Vicious. And Ruthless. And quite efficient. And they have the support of the Government and the average citizen.” - Kaiju 
The MCO has their own teams of superbeings, known as "Shepherds." They are given bleeding-edge power suits to augment their natural abilities. Some believe that those suits are too dangerous and unstable, but that the MCO still fields them because they don't place the safety of their superpowered personnel as a high priority.
The MCO has field offices scattered in various places.
The MCO office in NYC is the largest on the planet, even bigger than the head office. The New York City office of the MCO is regarded as 'neutral' or possibly 'slightly pro-mutant' by the MCO as a whole. The NYC MCO office has so many field teams that they have to have several Field supervisors plus a Head Field Supervisor. The NYC MCO office is so active that they have *several* Assistant Directors. The MCO office in NYC is so large it is spread between two buildings, with underground areas connecting the two.
- Carlos Jefferson Field Supervisor
- Agent Marwood
- Unnamed representative.
- Jeff Hawke
- Barney Kroeger (Head Field Supervisor as of 2007-04-09. Wants to get promoted. May have moved locations in the future.) 
Agent on airline screening duty. He's the Bad Cop, and screws up big time. End of career
Len's partner. His screwup suggests a cunning plan to advance her career. At the end, she's hauled off in handcuffs.
- Agent Haines
Chicago's Field Office seems to more mutant neutral. Interested in following the meaning of the laws and regulation. They seem to have several buildings; the powers testing facility is separate.
- Deputy Administrator Harold Eisenbach 'Hal'
- Steff ? (She seems to be aware of gender swapped mutants)
- Dr. Hascolm - Powers testing specialist
- Mrs. James - Powers testing magic specialist
Texas (along with Georgia, Kansas, and the Carolinas) passed laws forbidding foreign-controlled Law enforcement agencies from appointing non-residents of the states as directors for their offices. Texas also locked out hiring people from known hate groups, and restricting actual agent-enforcement personnel to state residents hired locally. They also made it a mandate that all management personnel be drawn from local and federal Law enforcement. (It is unknown if any other states have the other regulations.)
- Director Kuni Sommers
- Agent Cassandra Tyler
- Agent Will Howes
- Boost (Andrea) (Shepard; telepath)
- The testing site was a nondescript brick building adjacent to the University of Minnesota-Duluth campus. Apparently the Duluth MCO office was fairly small space leased from the university.
- Duluth isn’t a large office, so they don’t have someone on staff that is qualified to test potential magic users.
- Isobel Navarro: Secretary but also Senior Officer / Office Head, as of some time in the first half of 2007, before Monday, May 28, 2007[footnotes 1]
- Dr. Addler: Power tester.
Taos, New Mexico
Info on its state as of some time in 2006 or so.
- [Ricardo Navarro was killed by] a Humanity First member in the MCO that attended service [at Ricardo's mother's church]. [There were] mysterious disappearances, all linked to that office. Nearly the entire staff was complicit in the execution and cover-up of various crimes.
Isobel Navarro discovered this and presumably had the office cleaned of the corrupt members. She then "resigned from the [Federal Bureau of Investigation] and applied to the MCO and was assigned to assist the new office chief." After six months, at some point in the first five months of 2007, "she was offered the position of head of the Duluth office" and she took it, moving and leaving the office.
- As far as [Carlos Jefferson] knew, the only other MCO office on the planet with more than one Assistant Director was Manila, which had two. But the Manila office had to handle the entirety of the Philippines plus a vast expanse of surrounding ocean, which was one hell of a lot of area to cover.
- Jade 6 - Dreams and Awakenings
- The Braeburn Report
- There's an Angel in Father John's Basement: Part 1
- Ayla and the Grinch (A Christmas Story)
- There's an Angel in Father John's Basement: Part 2
- The Big Idea
- Loose Cannons: Chapter 2
- Ayla and the Great Shoulder Angel Conspiracy: Chapter 6 - Erelim
- Wednesday Morning, 5AM
- The Real MCO
- Diane Castle on the Crystal Hall Forums.
- Crime and Chaos
- Saks and Violence: Part 2
- The Big Apple comes with Calamari: Part 1
- The Road to Whateley: Part 1
- Written in Blood: Part 4
- Buffalo Gal Won't You Come Out Tonight: Chapter 5
- Small Mercies
- Run rabbit, run
- Sucks to be you
- Steel Ribbon