The Sidhe are the Whateleyverse's version of Elves: ancient denizens of lost Atlantis, frequently magical, and those few that survived the Sundering are not particularly well disposed to the humans who have taken over their world.
Never very numerous, the Sidhe ranks have been augmented recently by apparently ordinary humans mutating into Sidhe, although in these cases incarnation of a Sidhe soul has also been involved. The result is still a member of a genetically separate species that can only produce a human child by extraordinary (magical) means. Fey is supposed to be the thousandth such instance since about 1695.
Besides Fey, there is a group of another four Sidhe at Whateley.
The term Sidhe is sometimes used interchangeably with Faerie and Fey(in the sense of otherworldly or supernatural persons), and might be the forerunners of the latter. Thus, while Selkie or Shadowdancer may be Fey, whether they are considered kin to the ancient Sidhe is unclear. The use of the modern word Irish word "sídhe" in the context of discussing the subject race in addition to entities such as the Sluagh Sídhe of Irish folklore only means the same word was used, not that the two groups are the same.
Sidhe are not humans nor human mutants. Technically, they shouldn't be evaluated with mutant power rankings.
- The Nine Queens:
Court Sidhe World MagickEdit
- All court Sidhe are protected by remainders of world magick that survived from the pre-Sundering: one of these destroys discarded blood, hair, and tissue ... to prevent enemies from easily acquiring and using these things in magick against the Sidhe. Another is a Glamour that covers the young royals that makes people give them attention and want to protect them. One way it accomplishes this is by making the young Sidhe beautiful to those around them... but it also nourishes companion and protector bonds.
Sidhe Magic TriviaEdit
- For the Sidhe, manipulation of body for seemings is relatively easy. Even easier than it is for Shifters, because human body is more 'static' biologically than that of the Sidhe. Sidhe can change appearance even just as a result of the type of Essence they manipulate. Of course, if they do it unintentionally, they're obviously unskilled. Real Sidhe mages would never show such a lack of discipline/control. ;)
- ↑ Absinthe 2: The Absinthe of Malice, Part 5
- ↑ Fey: Mom, I Don't Feel So Good
- ↑ Ill Winds, Part V
- ↑ Maggie Finson at the old forums (broken link)
- ↑ Insanity Prerequisite: Part 3 - Metamorphosis
- ↑ Kristin Darken on Sidhe and them not having BITs.
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 7.2 Dawn of the Aurora, Part 1
- ↑ Tennyo: It's Nice to Have Friends
- ↑ Kristin Darken at the Forums, March 2017
- ↑ Kristin Darken at the Forums, May 22, 2017